Art Auction Consignment Information
Thank you for your interest in the Ned Smith Center’s Wildlife Art Auction! We accept consignments of wildlife art for use in our annual auction, held the first Saturday of October each year. Please contact the Center at 717-692-3699 or email us with any questions about consigning artwork.
- NSCNA will assess a 30% consignment fee following the auction.
- All artwork must be framed prior to the auction. Unless prior framing arrangements have been made, NSCNA will arrange for framing at a discount by its framer, ArtWorks Gallery and Custom Framing.
- The remaining 70% less framing expenses (if applicable) will be paid to the consignor following the auction.
- The Center reserves the right to refuse artwork at its discretion.
- The Center only uses one of any given piece in the auction each year. If a consignor wishes to consign a piece that has already been secured for the next auction, that piece may be held until the following year.
Reserves and Minimums:
- There is a $225 minimum on all Ned Smith artwork (prints and originals) in the live auction, unless another reserve price has been established by the object’s consignor. If a particular item does not meet the minimum, the piece will not sell.
- There is a $125 minimum on all non-Ned Smith artwork in the live auction, unless another reserve price has been established by the object’s consignor. If a particular item does not meet the minimum, the piece will not sell.
- Consignors may place a reserve on artwork if desired.
- All artwork MUST be at the Ned Smith Center by August 1. If you are not able to deliver the work, arrangements can be made for NSCNA staff to pick up artwork from your location.