GET READY FOR THE 2019 TROEGS RUGGED 5K!
REGISTRATION OPENS ON MONDAY, APRIL 22 WITH A SALE FROM 10 AM – 3 PM!
(Registration does not open until 4/22/19)
Looking for photos from last year’s run? Click here and use password Run2018
This trail run is brought to you by our partners and friends at:
September 14, 2019
Our Tröegs sponsored RUGGED Trail Run engaged over 300 participants PLUS spectators, staff, volunteers and vendors in both 2017 and 2018. We are geared up for making this another successful fundraiser in support of Our Mission of merging the arts and the natural world. The Center boasts a beautiful woodland setting, 12 miles of trails on 500+acres, a scenic bridge over the Wiconisco Creek, a natural play area, three ever changing art galleries featuring Ned Smith’s art and various national and local artists, a gift shop AND innovative educational programs.
This race is open to all ages, and prizes will be given to the top male and female runners in each age group. Click here to see the results of last year’s race!
Check-in starts at 4pm, Race starts at 5pm, Post Race Party starts at 5:30pm
Two routes will be available:
- The HopBack Trail: This route is walker-friendly, and is a great option for beginning and intermediate trail runners as well as children. RECOMMENDED FOR ALL AGES!
- Rugged Trail: This route features more challenging elevations and terrain, perfect for those who are looking for a more “rugged” trail experience. Based on the terrain we recomend this trail for participants 12 years of age and older.
Stick around after the race for a post-race party, featuring live music on the DeSoto Amphitheater stage!
While the Ned Smith Center is pet friendly, we do not allow dogs to participate in the 5K race. They may cheer their owner on from the finish line and enjoy the after party.
Participants ages 21 and over can enjoy a sample of fresh, handcrafted beer from Hershey, PA’s Tröegs Independent Brewing Company.
All race participants will receive:
- Free T-shirt (guaranteed through Aug. 13)
- Free pour of Tröegs beer
- Free post race snacks!
- Free slice of pizza from DoughBoys Halifax (additional food will be available for purchase)
- Admission to the post-race party ’til 10 p.m., featuring live music
- Free admission to the Ned Smith Center galleries on race day and a coupon for one free admission to the galleries to be used at a later date
- Additional gifts from our partners and sponsors